Monday, February 11, 2013

New moments

Well, if any of you follow us on instagram, you will know that we had a blast in California this weekend. I surprised Jared on Friday. We woke up, and the birthday boy was so excited he couldn't wait to open his gift. I had already printed out our tickets and stuck them in an envelope (and old paycheck envelope since we didn't have any others). His face was priceless. He was so surprised and just a few hours later we were off. Our car ride was short and sweet, and we loved being able to stay with Aunt LeAnn, Uncle Marc, Cam, Bryce and Nicole and baby. Jared got a homemade bumbleberry pie for his birthday ( one of his favorites) and then we headed off to six flags on Saturday, where we were quickly reminded that we were not as young as we thought we were. We had a blast.

Also, Jared and I got new church callings, and I already gave my first talk as Sister Williams. I teach the sunbeams, and Jared teaches the 16 year old Sunday school class. We both are loving them so far, and we absolutely love our ward and our friends.

Jared is still applying to graduate school and waiting to hear at the same time. He is working extra hard to finish his last semester at ASU and graduate this May!! I am so proud of him. He has also been doing an internship on top of an already full schedule and really enjoys it. He has learned a lot already and I am so excited for him to be in that position one day! (as is he)

I have been working long days between the tree house, lifeguarding, and coaching a club team, while still doing haircuts on the side. I also recently discovered the gym at our apartment complex, so i have been there a few days a week. I refuse to gain weight.  I love being busy, love keeping my house clean (and that's not a lie either) and love learning how to cook. I can't wait to be a great cook like my mom, sisters, and sister in laws, but for now I will stick to the fun of learning how to sift flour, separate an egg, and my latest... use a broiler.

We are so blessed and lucky to have found eachother and start our lives together. It's crazy to look back on all the events that led up to our meeting eachother, but we are so glad everything worked out the way it did. It's crazy how Heavenly Father puts people in your lives for a reason. What an amazing thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment