Wednesday, October 24, 2012

First Date

Our first date went a little like this:

Jared and I had set up our date for Memorial Day. He was going to be busy all day, and I was at work could not get off till 4. So the date was scheduled for 6. He would pick me up, as most gentleman do, (although he got lucky, my family was gone) and then we would go out. Most likely I wouldn't enjoy myself (as i haven't on every other blind date I've ever been on) and then I would make some excuse about how I needed to go home. That was normally what happened, and I didn't expect this to be any different. I wore red pants and a blue and white shirt. Very patriotic. (I didn't know that). I started getting nervous, but figured it was because i hadn't been on a blind date in a while and had no idea what to expect. 
let's back up here.
when Tim told me I would be going out with Jared, I did the reasonable thing (and what most everyone does these days) and looked him up on fb. But of course Jared's profile was blocked (my luck) and his profile picture showed nothing but him jumping into a sunset. real cool. 
Anyways, back to my story.
When he knocked on the door, the butterflies started. With no idea what he looked like, what he liked to do, or what we were even doing, I started freaking out inside. I opened the door and thought to myself "oh crap, he's cute." 
(side note, i wasn't looking to date. I was set on waiting for some of my missionary friends to come home. They were safe. And I liked that) 
But seeing that Jared was cute, i KNEW I would have no problem at least looking at him. We headed to Liberty Market for dinner, where we shared a pizza. Pretty sure I had one slice, and he only ate 2. To say the least, we were both a little nervous. He was SO cute, and we were hitting it off. He was easy to talk to, and a really good listener. We had a great ask/answer session with the basic questions: -where are you from, -what's your family like, -what do you do for work/school, -etc.... but they got deeper. We talked a lot about  Jared's mission (something that was missing in a previous relationship of mine) and I learned a few of the many qwarky and adorable things about Jared. For instance, there is a certain thing as "the perfect white shirt" and don't worry, you can't find it many places. Because the rec center was closed (which was part II of our date)  we headed to Freddy's Frozen Custard for some dessert and more talking. I seriously loved it and didn't want the night to end. It was fun talking to someone who actually wanted to listen about how I always smelled like chlorine and looked like a skin cancer patient. It was perfect. We ended the night with a hug at the door (although looking back Jared says he totally would have kissed me)
(me on the other hand, no way) (not yet)! 








No comments:

Post a Comment